Baylor Soccer Signs Five to 2022 Recruiting Class

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Thu Nov 11 20:44:33 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 11, 2021

Baylor Soccer Signs Five to 2022 Recruiting Class
Bears pick up four signees from Texas, one from California
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – The Baylor soccer squad added five to the 2022 recruiting class, announced by head coach Paul Jobson on Thursday.

An exceptional class that includes four players from Texas and one from California, they are set to take the pitch in the fall of 2022.

“We are extremely excited to welcome this extraordinary group of young women to our Baylor Soccer Family,” said Jobson. “We anticipate a few more additions through the signing period.  Each of the young women we are welcoming will fit in right away with what we are doing in the classroom and on the field.  We can’t wait to get started with them!”

Sarah Melcher
Defender/Center Back, San Diego, Calif., Academy of Our Lady of Peace, Rebels ECNL

Sarah Melcher signs with Baylor out of San Diego, Calif., and Academy of Our Lady of Peace. She played club for Rebels ECNL under coach Ryan Marquez.

Melcher was a standout throughout her high school career, gaining MVP honors her junior and senior years. Helping lead her team to the league championship and state quarterfinals, Melcher was selected to the all-CIF first team. Playing in 60 games, she held it down defensively while racking up 10 goals.

Academically, Melcher is a three-time San Diego Union Tribune scholar athlete. She is a member of the National Honor Society and the Our Lady of Peace Curriculum Council.

Annika Fredell
Forward, Austin, Texas, Westlake High School, Sting Austin

Annika Fredell signs with the Bears out of Austin, Texas, and Westlake High School. She played club for Sting Austin under head coach Beau Brown.

Fredell helped lead her team to district championship in 2019, where the team completed an undefeated season 17-0-1. She has recorded 21 goals through her junior year with 23 assists. Fredell is a two-time first team all-district honoree as a four-year starter for her high school team.

Off the field, Fredell is a member of the National Honor Society and a College Board AP Scholar. She has been named to the district academic team three years in a row.

Trinity Egerton
Outside Back, Garland, Texas, Rowlett High School, FC Dallas 04g ECNL

Trinity Egerton signs with the Bears out of Garland, Texas, and Rowlett High School. She played club for FC Dallas 04g ECNL under head coach Aaron Gordon.

Egerton has racked up many awards throughout her career, including the district offensive MVP and team MVP. As an outside back, she has accumulated 21 goals and 11 assists in 16 games played.

A scholar off the field, Egerton is a member of the National Honor Society and National Spanish Honor Society. She is a three-time all-district academic honoree.

Camryn Ciborowski
Goalkeeper, Frisco, Texas, Memorial High School, Dallas Texans ECNL

Camryn Ciborowski signs with the Bears from Frisco, Texas, and Memorial High School. She played club for Dallas Texans ECNL under head coach Kioumars Rezaie.

Coborowski, in goal for the Warriors, led the team to district, bi-district and area championships and the region finals in the 2020-21 season.

Off the field, she was a member of FCA, student body president and a student ambassador at Memorial High School.

Ashlee Zirkel
Goalkeeper, Kerrville, Texas, Tivy High School, Classics Elite

Ashlee Zirkel signs with the Bears from Kerrville, Texas, and Tivy High School. She played club for Classics Elite under head coach Owen Collie.

Zirkel led her high school team to the area finals in 2019 with a 20-6 record. She received first-team all-district honors her freshman year. She also played basketball, helping the team to the state finals and regional finals in back-to-back years.

She was a member of the National Honor Society and student council.

2022 Baylor Soccer Signees
Sarah Melcher
Defender/Center Back, San Diego, Calif., Academy of Our Lady of Peace, Rebels ECNL
Annika Fredell
Forward, Austin, Texas, Westlake High School, Sting Austin
Trinity Egerton
Outside Back, Garland, Texas, Rowlett High School, FC Dallas 04g ECNL
Camryn Ciborowski
Goalkeeper, Frisco, Texas, Memorial High School, Dallas Texans ECNL
Ashlee Zirkel
Goalkeeper, Kerrville, Texas, Tivy High School, Classics Elite

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>