Baylor Track & Field Set for NCAA West Prelims

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Tue May 25 16:56:46 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – May 25, 2021

Baylor Track & Field Set for NCAA West Prelims
Women’s and men’s teams will be represented by 12 individuals apiece plus relays

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Baylor track & field will compete at the 2021 NCAA West Regional Preliminary Rounds Wednesday through Sunday at E.B. Cushing Stadium on the campus of Texas A&M University.

“We haven’t been to regionals in two years, so you’re kind of having to remember what it’s like and what it’s all about,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “I think what’s exciting about the regional competition is that we’ve got some that are obviously way up at the top and we’re expecting them to make it, but we’ve got some others that maybe you weren’t counting on them about a month ago, and they’re starting to really look pretty solid right now. Our goal this year has been to finish strong.”

The women’s team will have 12 individuals competing in 10 different events along with both the 4x100 and 4x400-meter relays, while the men’s team will be represented by 12 individuals in seven events as well as both relays.

The top-12 finishers in each event will qualify for the NCAA Championships in Eugene, Ore.

Aaliyah Miller (1st - 800 meters), Tuesdi Tidwell (4th - pole vault), Ackera Nugent (6th - 100-meter hurdles/10th – 100 meters), Mariah Ayers (12th – 200 meters), the 4x400-meter relay (6th) and the 4x100-meter relay (12th) rank in the top 12 on the women’s side, while Howard Fields III (6th - 400 meters), the 4x400-meter relay (3rd) and the 4x100-meter relay (5th) are ranked in the top 12 on the men’s side.

Action from College Station will be televised on the SEC Network+<https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=d439ed7a-d130-48d9-99cc-50159e48455c>, and live results can be found at NCAA Preliminary West Round<https://dt8v5llb2dwhs.cloudfront.net/OutdoorRegionals/2021/West/index.htm>.

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>