[Tair-l] Job Posting: Sr. Research Analyst, University of St. Thomas-Houston
Streeter, Michael T.
streetm at stthom.edu
Mon Jun 4 11:29:30 CDT 2018
Sr. Research Analyst
Department: Administrative Computing and Institutional Research
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Institutional Research
Location: UST Location
The University of St. Thomas, a private university (www.stthom.edu) committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking a qualified professional to serve as a Sr. Research Analyst. The individual will report to the Assistant Director of Institutional Research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Leading the design, development, and implementation of customer analytic solutions to meet the college's reporting and analytic needs;
* Working with business users to develop advanced reports and provide report writing support;
* Leading and conducting unit and system testing to ensure data warehouse and data store design is still relevant and implementation is producing a useful, maintainable, reliable product;
* Supporting data governance and data stewardship by making explicit the roles and responsibilities associated with data management and compliance monitoring related to business intelligence;
* Working with the DBA to ensure that data models are optimized for best performance;
* Designing and developing customer training materials, and conduct customer training sessions;
* Mentoring and training other team members by introducing them to new technologies, methods, and learning resources;
* Coordinate, manage and track all information requests and standard reports to ensure that deadlines are met;
* Responding efficiently and accurately to internal and external requests and surveys;
* Preparing periodic reports to local, state, and federal agencies, accrediting bodies and external agencies, including monitoring and analyzing reporting requirements from these agencies;
* Prepares spreadsheets and graphs to facilitate interpretation of data and assists in the preparation of narratives and reports on research results;
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
* Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work related experience required;
* Advanced experience working with Microsoft Transact SQL
* Experience working in relational database environments;
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access;
* Strong quantitative analytic skills;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Strong attention to detail involving data and documentation;
* Understanding of Business Intelligence, OLAP, data warehouse/mining;
* Experience with the PeopleSoft software system and query tool preferred;
* Experience in Higher Education is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. The University retains the right to assign and change the duties of this position at any time.
This is a full-time benefit eligible professional position with occasional overtime and weekend work during peak periods. Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the email below.Please note incomplete applications will not be considered :
recruiting at stthom.edu<mailto:recruiting at stthom.edu>
Office of Human Resources- Ref: 4118
University of St. Thomas
Houston, Texas 77006
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the TAIR-l