[Psvs-t] Virtual Forum on Military-Connected Student Engagement for Higher Education Professionals

Davis, Kevin Kevin_Davis1 at baylor.edu
Wed Jun 14 16:08:58 CDT 2023

Hey PSVS!

Hope to have our Texas Private Universities at this conversation next week! Be sure to sign up using the Qualtrics link in the message from Monteigne (TAMU) below!

Best,
Kevin

Join us on Thursday, June 22 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. CST for a moderated discussion on military-connected student engagement where we will:

  *   Examine the importance of engagement for all students
  *   Discuss the mental health benefits of engagement
  *   Identify several programmatic approaches to engage military-connected students
  *   Consider the critical nature of assessment in the field of military-connected support
  *   Provide best practices you can implement on your campus

You MUST RSVP to receive the Zoom link for this event: https://baylor.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cGWJIWUgSiWyNvM.

Hosted by Baylor University Veteran Educational and Transition Services<https://vets.web.baylor.edu/> and The Texas A&M University System Office of Veteran & Military Services<https://www.tamus.edu/veterans/>, including representatives from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs VITAL Program<https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/student-veteran/vital-program.asp> at Baylor University and Texas A&M University.

Monteigne S. Long '02 (pronunciation: mon-tain; she/her)
Associate Director
Office of Veteran & Military Services
mlong at tamu.edu<mailto:mlong at tamu.edu>
Memorial Student Center, Suite 1500
1251 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-1251
Tel. 979.458.6355 | Fax 979.458.1691 | www.tamus.edu/veterans<http://www.tamus.edu/veterans>

The Texas A&M University System