Baylor WGOLF Set for the Prestigious Darius Rucker Intercollegiate

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Sun Mar 3 10:33:00 CST 2024

Baylor WGOLF Set for the Prestigious Darius Rucker Intercollegiate
The event will feature live coverage on the Golf Channel each day
For more information contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – Baylor women’s golf will tee it up in the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate beginning Monday morning at Long Cove Club in Hilton Head Island, S.C.

The field features three of the top 5, six of the top 10, and 10 of the top 25 teams in the nation, and it is the only nationally televised, all-female regular-season event in college golf. Making the sixth appearance in the last seven seasons on Hilton Head Island, this event never gets old for head coach Jay Goble.

“It's an amazing field; every time I look at it, it seems to get better and better,” he said. It’s mainly top-25 teams in the country playing on a top-20 golf course in America. Hilton Head is golf heaven, and my team really enjoys going there, which is why I believe we've had some success there. It's truly a special place with a great field, and I circle it on the calendar every year.”

Rosie Belsham will play at the No. 1 position for the fourth time this season. The senior had a stellar showing last year at the Darius Rucker with a solo third-place finish. She will begin her quest for another strong finish in the Lowcountry at 9:50 a.m. CT Monday.

Yoonjeong Huh will start at the No. 2 position for the second time this season. The freshman is making her fifth appearance in seven events this season. She will open her tournament with a 9:40 a.m. tee time in round one.

Silje Ohma will play out of the No. 3 position in South Carolina. The sophomore is leading the team in par-3 scoring average, boasting a 3.08 mark this season, and will tee off at 9:30 a.m.

Ashleen Kaur gets the nod at No. 4 this week. The Rolex Junior All-American is playing 20.9% of her holes under par this season, a mark that currently leads the team. She will tee off at 9:20 a.m.

Sera Hasegawa will play out of the fifth-and-final spot at the Darius Rucker. The last time we saw the reining All-American, she was cleaning up at the T. Hession Regional Challenge with a perfect 3-0 mark in match play. Hasegawa tees off at 9:10 a.m. on Monday.

Live television coverage can be found on Golf Channel and Peacock<https://www.nbcsports.com/golf> from 1:30-4:30 p.m. CT each day. Stats and live scoring from the matches will be available at Golfstat.com.<https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=28543>

For more information on Baylor Women’s Golf, follow @BaylorWGolf on X, Instagram and Facebook.

—BaylorBears.com—

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF)