Baylor Equestrian Falls to No. 1 TCU, 12-7

Smith, Kalie Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu
Fri Mar 1 17:29:48 CST 2024

Baylor Equestrian Falls to No. 1 TCU, 12-7
Jumping Seat finds momentum at home
For more information contact: Kalie Smith, 409-351-0790, Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu<mailto:Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN

WACO, Texas – Baylor equestrian (2-10, 1-5) fell 12-7 to No. 1 TCU (11-0, 6-0) on Friday afternoon at the Willis Family Equestrian Center.

The Bears found some momentum in Jumping Seat but struggled in the Western arena.

BU tied Fences, 2-2. Madison Mitchell (87) and Dominika Silvestri (88) collected points for Baylor.

Sadie Peters (66.5) picked up the lone point for BU in Reining.

After the break, BU claimed Fences, 3-2. Mitchell (94), Lauren Reid (87) and Silvestri (86) tallied points for the Bears. Mitchell’s 94-ride aboard Teddy marks the second highest Flat score of the season.

On the Western side, Nadalee Vasquez (73) scratched a point on the board in Horsemanship.

NOTABLES

  *   Baylor moves to 25-12 against TCU all-time.
  *   BU Flat scored 80+ on all five rides.
  *   Madison Mitchell (Flat) earned her third Most Outstanding Performer honor of the season.
  *   Mitchell’s 94-ride marks the second-highest Flat score of the season.
  *   Lauren Reid (Flat) picked up her fifth-consecutive point.

STAT OF THE MEET

4- Four Bears finished the season with a winning Big 12 record, including Madison Mitchell (Flat, 4-2), Sadie Peters (Reining, 3-2), Lauren Reid (Fences, 3-2 | Flat, 5-1) and Dominika Silvestri (Fences, 3-2).

TOP QUOTES

Head Coach Casie Maxwell

On Senior Day…

“The team put forth a good effort. TCU is a really good team. You know you've got to be at your best today, playing the No. 1 team in the country that’s been No. 1 all year. Our jumping seat team was fantastic. Really happy to be able to recognize our seniors and send them out on a good note. I appreciate everything that they've done over the last couple years.”

Jumping Seat senior Madison Mitchell

On her 94-ride…

“I knew that it was a big point. Every point counted, so I knew that I needed to have a clean pattern and give it all I had and push Teddy the most that I could. I felt like I did a good job of knowing his limits and making sure that I was putting myself out there to get a higher score.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Baylor hosts the 2024 Big 12 Equestrian Championship, March 29-30, at the Willis Family Equestrian Center.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorEQ.

-BaylorBears.com-

Kalie Smith | Communications Coordinator (Equestrian)