MEDIA ALERT — Baylor MBB to Host Cancer Survivor in Support of Coaches vs. Cancer

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Tue Jan 23 12:17:28 CST 2024

All,

Please see the info below regarding a media opportunity with Baylor Men’s basketball and cancer survivor, PJ Trojanowski, in support of Coaches vs. Cancer and the American Cancer Society this coming Friday.

Thanks,
Matt
[cid:image001.png at 01DA4DF5.7599C930]

*** MEDIA ALERT *** MEDIA ALERT *** MEDIA ALERT ***

BAYLOR BEARS MEN’S BASKETBALL COACH SCOTT DREW TO HOST CANCER SURVIVOR PJ TROJANOWSKI IN SUPPORT OF
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY’S ‘COACHES VS. CANCER’

WHAT:
Baylor Bears men’s basketball head coach Scott Drew will host 13-year-old cancer survivor PJ Trojanowski at Baylor’s Jan. 26 practice as part of the American Cancer Society’s Coaches vs. Cancer initiative. Trojanowski and her parents will have the opportunity to meet Coach Drew and members of the men’s basketball team as special guests of Coach Drew at team practice on Friday, Jan. 26 before attending the Baylor game on Saturday, Jan. 27.

Coach Drew and members of the team will meet with the Trojanowski family after practice. They will be available for interviews to discuss PJ’s cancer journey and the importance of the American Cancer Society (ACS) and National Association of Basketball Coaches’ (NABC) Coaches vs. Cancer Initiative following practice.

Coaches vs Cancer unites coaches, fans and members of the basketball community in supporting the American Cancer Society's work to improve the lives of people with cancer through research, patient support and advocacy. With more than 5,000 coaches engaged in education, awareness and fundraising activities, the program currently raises approximately $10 million annually.  Since 1993, the initiative has raised over $155 million to support the American Cancer Society’s mission to end cancer as we know it, for everyone. Visit coaches.cancer.org to learn more.

MEDIA IS INVITED TO ATTEND THE VISIT AND INTERVIEW COACH DREW, THE TROJANOWSKI FAMILY AND AN AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY REPRESENTATIVE

RSVP TO ACS at SSMANDL.COM<mailto:ACS at SSMANDL.COM> TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE

WHO:
Scott Drew, Baylor Men’s Basketball Coach
PJ Trojanoski, 13-year-old cancer survivor, and Melanie and Eric Trojanoski, PJ’s parents
Marisela Guillen, American Cancer Society, Director, Regional Integrated Marketing

WHEN:
Friday, January 26
3:30-4:15 p.m. CT

WHERE:
FOSTER PAVILION (Use the loading Dock Entrance)

MEDIA CONTACTS:
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis
Pete Axtman, Sarah Borchardt, Mini Le
acs at ssmandl.com<mailto:acs at ssmandl.com>

Baylor Men’s Basketball
Matt Roberts
WM_Roberts at baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at baylor.edu>

American Cancer Society
Marisela Guillen
marisela.guillen at cancer.org<mailto:marisela.guillen at cancer.org>

###

ABOUT THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
The American Cancer Society is a leading cancer-fighting organization with a vision to end cancer as we know it, for everyone. For more than 100 years, we have been improving the lives of people with cancer and their families as the only organization combating cancer through advocacy, research, and patient support. We are committed to ensuring everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer. To learn more, visit cancer.org<http://cancer.org> or call our 24/7 helpline at 1-800-227-2345. Connect with us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCancerSociety>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/AmericanCancer>, and Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/americancancersociety/?hl=en>.

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF)