Baylor MGOLF Set to Open Spring Semester at the Prestige

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Sun Feb 18 09:29:05 CST 2024

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 18, 2024

Baylor MGOLF Set to Open Spring Semester at the Prestige
A total of 10 players will be in action this week for the Bears
For more information, contact Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

PALM SPRINGS, Calif. – Baylor men’s golf will tee it up in the first spring event on Monday morning at the Prestige in Palm Springs, Calif.

Between the team event and the Prestige Individual Invitational, 10 of BU’s 11 players will see action in the opening event of the spring semester. Ten competitive rounds of qualifying solidified the lineup for this week and prepared the guys to see some good competition in Southern California.

“The Prestige has a really good field,” head coach Mike McGraw said. “It’s played on the Norman Course at PGA West, and it’s a great way for us to start our spring season. We had a very spirited competition for the five team spots, and I feel like our guys are ready to go.”

Johnny Keefer, named to the Ben Hogan Award Watch List last week, will play at the No. 1 position. The two-time All-American begins the spring on pace to be the program’s all-time stroke-average leader.

Luke Dossey enters his final semester in green and gold, playing at the No. 2 spot in Palm Springs. The senior played in the Prestige Individual Invite last year and carded a tie for 10th, his best spring finish.

Jonas Appel will play at No. 3 this week. The last time we saw the sophomore, he shot a career-best 67 in the final round of the Kapolei Invitational to finish tied for 50th. He also carded his best finish of the spring last year in Palm Springs, a tie for eighth at the Prestige Individual Invite.

Davis Ovard will play at No. 4 on the heels of a tie for eight at the Bentwater intercollegiate last week. Monday will be the freshman’s first stroke-play start as a member of the lineup.

Tyler Isenhart qualified for this week's fifth and final spot in the lineup. Isenhart is making his first start of the season and second career start at the Prestige. The senior carded BU’s second-best finish last year, a tie for 32nd.

Trey Bosco, Luke Morgan, Zach Heffernan, Patricio Gonzalez and Sam Dossey will also be in action, competing at the Prestige Individual Invite.

Once available, results can be found at Scoreboard.Clippd.com.<https://scoreboard.clippd.com/tournament-leaderboard/231160/scoring/team> For more information on Baylor Men’s Golf, follow @BaylorMGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF)