Baylor Equestrian Falls to No. 7 Oklahoma State, 12-6

Smith, Kalie Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu
Fri Feb 9 19:17:01 CST 2024

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 9, 2024

Baylor Equestrian Falls to No. 7 Oklahoma State, 12-6
Slow first half limits the Bears in Stillwater
For more information contact: Kalie Smith, 409-351-0790, Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu<mailto:Kalie_Smith1 at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN

WACO, Texas – Baylor (2-7, 1-3) fell to No. 7 Oklahoma State (3-5, 3-1), 12-6, Friday afternoon at the Pedigo-Hull Equestrian Center in Stillwater, Okla.

BU needed a comeback early after only scoring one point in the first half. The Bears managed to claim their first Horsemanship win of the season, but the Cowgirls’ strong first half performance proved too difficult to overcome.

Lauren Reid scored the sole point for the Bears in Fences, posting an 87.

Emily Moomaw (71) and Sadie Peters (70) managed to tie their points in Reining, holding the Cowgirls at 7 points before the break.

The Bears claimed their first Horsemanship win of the season, taking the event 4-1. Elsie Naruszewicz (72.5), Gia Pozzi (73), Alexis Rutledge (75.5) and Nadalee Vasquez (75.5) tallied points for BU.

Reid scored the lone point in Flat, posting an 82.

NOTABLES

  *   Baylor moves to 13-37 against Oklahoma State all-time.
  *   BU Horsemanship claimed its first win of the season.
  *   Lauren Reid (Fences) remains undefeated in Big 12 play.
  *   Sadie Peters (Reining) scored a season-high 70.
  *   Maddie Vorhies (Fences) posted a season-high 90.

STAT OF THE MEET

90- Maddie Vorhies’ 90-ride marks the highest Fences score of the season.

TOP QUOTES

Head Coach Casie Maxwell

On today’s meet…

“I am very proud of our team’s performance today. Our team was confident and rode strong in all group events, putting pressure on a good OSU team. The Horsemanship squad was outstanding today and I am very proud to see their hard work pay off.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Baylor (2-7, 1-3) continues its road trip in California with back-to-back meets Friday and Saturday, Feb. 16-17, against Fresno State (1-7, 0-5) and UC Davis (2-3).

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorEQ.

-BaylorBears.com-

Kalie Smith | Communications Coordinator (Equestrian)