Baylor WT Hosts Annual H-E-B Invitational this Weekend

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Thu Sep 28 14:08:09 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS – Sept. 28, 2023

Baylor WT Hosts Annual H-E-B Invitational this Weekend
Bears welcome Lamar, Missouri, Illinois, Denver, SMU, Tennessee, Nebraska

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – The Baylor women’s tennis team will host its first event of the fall when Lamar, Missouri, Illinois, Denver, SMU, Tennessee and Nebraska come to town for the H-E-B Invitational, Sep. 29- Oct. 1.

The H-E-B Invitational opens Friday with doubles beginning at 9 a.m. at the Hurd Tennis Center, with singles to follow at 10 a.m., and a second round of doubles to close the day at 1:30 p.m. In the chance of inclement weather, competition will be moved inside to the Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center.

Saturday’s schedule is identical to Friday’s format with a Cub Tennis event slated for 12 p.m. The three-day tournament wraps up on Sunday at 9 a.m. with doubles play, followed by a round of singles.

“We’ve got great competition coming to Waco this weekend,” head coach Joey Scrivano said. “The teams that are here are highly competitive. We aren’t going to have much of an opportunity to work our way into it, so we’re going to have to battle from the start. We’ll immediately see where we stand and what areas we’re doing well in and what areas we need to improve in.”

The Bears will have four individuals competing in doubles and singles throughout the weekend as Daniella Dimitrov, Liubov Kostenko, Zuzanna Kubacha and Brooke Thompson take the court for Baylor.

Dimitrov posted an impressive 3-0 record last fall and looks to continue her success this weekend. Thompson’s seven career wins in the fall are the most out of any Bear competing while Kostenko is looking to add to her three fall career wins this weekend. Kubacha, a true freshman, will be playing in her first-ever collegiate contest this weekend.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)