Baylor WT Inks Nanaka Sato to National Letter of Intent

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Fri Nov 10 09:36:34 CST 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – November 10, 2023

Baylor WT Inks Nanaka Sato to National Letter of Intent
Sato set to join the Bears next fall

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s tennis signed Nanaka Sato to a National Letter of Intent, head coach Joey Scrivano announced Friday.

“Nanaka is an exceptional tennis student-athlete,” Scrivano said. “We were impressed with her dedication and humility. Her extraordinary work ethic and commitment to her tennis and studies perfectly align with our values here at Baylor, and we can't wait to see Nanaka shine, on and off the court.”

Sato is a rising star in the tennis world hailing from Numazu, Japan, and Aioi Gakuin High School. In the 2023 US Open Junior Doubles, she clinched the runner-up title. In the same prestigious event, Sato reached the Round of 32 in the singles draw, all the way from qualifying rounds, entering as a wild card. Additionally, she claimed the All-Japan National High School Singles Champion title this year.

To stay up to date on all things Baylor women’s tennis, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorWTennis.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)