Baylor WT Adds USF Transfer Sierra Berry to Program

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Wed May 24 10:45:18 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – May 24, 2023

Baylor WT Adds USF Transfer Sierra Berry to Program
The 2022 AAC Rookie of the Year returns home to Texas after two seasons with the Bulls

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s tennis head coach Joey Scrivano announced the addition of University of South Florida transfer Sierra Berry to the program on Wednesday.

“We’re thrilled to welcome Sierra to the Baylor women’s tennis program,” Scrivano said. “She brings not only exceptional talent but also a deeply rooted connection to our city and our state. Sierra’s Texas roots and her competitive spirit make her a perfect fit for our program. She embodies selflessness and truly puts the team dynamic above herself. We’re excited to see her contribute to our team’s success and proudly represent Baylor and the Waco community.”

Berry, who was born in Waco and raised in Frisco, still has strong ties to the Waco community. Her parents are the proud owners of Children’s First Learning Center in town, which has been in business for 26 years.

A two-time all-conference selection, Berry was named the American Athletic Conference Freshman of the Year in 2022.

Berry finished her rookie campaign with an 11-10 record which included a 9-7 mark on court two. She pulled off her biggest victory of the season in the AAC Tournament quarterfinals, winning the final match against No. 19-ranked and top-seeded Central Florida to propel USF into the semifinals.

During her sophomore campaign, Berry was one of the hottest players in The American, posting a team-high 14 wins while turning in a 14-4 record. The unanimous all-conference selection was a team-best 8-3 at No. 1 singles, 5-1 at the No. 2 position and 1-0 on court three.

- BaylorBears.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)