Baylor WBB Adds Iowa State Transfer Denae Fritz

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Mon May 8 15:31:42 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – May 8, 2023

Baylor WBB Adds Iowa State Transfer Denae Fritz
The Big 12 All-Freshman Team selection joins the Bears after two years with the Cyclones

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s basketball head coach Nicki Collen announced the addition of Iowa State transfer Denae Fritz to the program on Monday.

“We are thrilled to welcome Denae and her family to the Baylor family,” Collen said. “Denae adds size, skill and toughness to our guard position that we had a chance to see up close and personal three times this past season. She’s proven herself in this league as a member of the all-freshman team and we’re excited to help develop her game further at both ends of the floor. Denae is a competitor on the court and an outstanding student and person off the court, and our fans will love her tenacity and heart.”

Fritz was sidelined due to injury at the beginning of the 2021-22 campaign and started all but one contest for the Cyclones this past season. The 2023 Big 12 All-Freshman Team selection shot 42.6% from the field and 33.9% from 3-point range, making 43 3-pointers. The 5-11 guard reached double figures in 12 games, with one 20-point game, while posting a pair of 10-rebound performances.

A native of Maryville, Tenn., Fritz was a four-year starter at Maryville High School, earning back-to-back District MVP honors her junior and senior season en route to being named Class 3A Miss Basketball in Tennessee. Fritz finished her prep career with over 2,000 career points and 1,100 rebounds, averaging 21.1 points and 11.8 rebounds per game.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)