Baylor Equestrian Welcomes Noel Meadows as Director of Operations

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Mon Jul 17 13:07:25 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 17, 2023

Baylor Equestrian Welcomes Noel Meadows as Director of Operations
Three-time NCEA All-American joins Maxwell’s staff in operations role

WACO, Texas – Baylor equestrian head coach Casie Maxwell announced Monday the addition of Noel Meadows as Director of Operations to the BUEQ staff.

Meadows, a three-time NCEA All-American during her collegiate career at UT Martin, comes to Waco after serving as a graduate assistant coach for the Skyhawks over the last two seasons.

“I am so excited for this upcoming season with Baylor Equestrian,” Meadows said. “Baylor Athletics has made me feel right at home from the very beginning. I am grateful to be a part of this incredible staff that Coach Maxwell has put together, and I can’t wait to see what we can accomplish.”

From 2017-21, Meadows chalked up three All-America accolades in Reining, including first-team honors as a sophomore and a pair of honorable mention distinctions as a freshman and senior. She was also named the 2018-19 United Equestrian Conference Reining Rider of the Year a season after becoming UTM’s first UEC Reining Freshman of the Year in program history.

Overall, Meadows accumulated 22 head-to-head victories and six Most Outstanding Performer awards in her career. A two-time all-conference honoree, she notched three conference Rider of the Month accolades, two conference Rider of the Week mentions and a national Rider of the Month honor. Outside of the arena, Meadows tallied a pair of NCEA All-Academic mentions and was an Ohio Valley Conference Commissioner’s Honor Roll recipient in each of her final two seasons.

In her new role, Meadows’ main duties include handling a portion of the program’s business responsibilities, planning team travel and recruiting visits, and managing apparel and equipment. She also coordinates communication with parents and boosters, as well as assisting the Baylor staff with scheduling coaching clinics throughout the year.

“We are very excited to have Noel join our staff this season,” Maxwell said. “She has a strong foundation of collegiate equestrian knowledge thanks to her tremendous experience and is very passionate about our sport and the student-athlete experience as a whole. We look forward to having her contribute to our program in many ways.”

In addition to her collegiate equestrian career, Meadows also provided routine care for 16 horses and assisted in their training program at Meadows Quarter Horses. There, she also coordinated social media advertising and sponsorship efforts with various brands.

During her tenure at UT Martin, Meadows also served as a teaching assistant, specializing in Horsemanship instruction. While not competing, Meadows helped run gameday operations, assisted in coaching efforts, helped manage social media accounts and cared for over 35 horses.

A native of Staunton, Va., Meadows graduated from UT Martin in 2021 with a Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture and minored in accounting. She is currently pursuing a Master’s degree in business administration.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorEQ.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (BSB, FB, EQ)