Baylor VB Adds Penate to Staff as Assistant Coach

Allen, Madelon Madelon_Allen at baylor.edu
Wed Jul 5 14:25:00 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 5, 2023

Baylor VB Adds Penate to Staff as Assistant Coach
McGuyre tabs the director of operations and analytics from Houston

For more information contact: Madelon Allen; 254-252-7168, madelon_allen at baylor.edu<mailto:madelon_allen at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Ryan McGuyre, head coach of Baylor volleyball, announced the addition of a second assistant coach on Wednesday in Jorge Penate.

“We are excited to add Jorge to the volleyball family,” said McGuyre. “Jorge brings a strong work ethic and high volleyball IQ. He is a dedicated learner and teacher with USA experience, club experience, and collegiate experience. He will add immensely to our staff and I am thankful for how deeply every coach on this staff genuinely loves and cares for our athletes.”

Previously, Penate served as the Director of Operations & Analytics with Houston volleyball. Prior to his time with the Cougars, Penate was the Technical Coordinator for Cal volleyball in Berkeley. He spent a year as the volunteer assistant for the Saint Mary's College women's volleyball team as well in 2017-18.

Penate has been active with the USA Volleyball National High Performance department since 2012. He was a part of the coaching staff for several National Training Programs across various age groups.

He has previously coached varsity teams at Bay Area high schools, including The Branson School, Bishop O'Dowd HS and Berkeley HS.

Penate has also been involved in the junior club volleyball scene since 2010, starting with Golden Bear Volleyball Club. Since then, he was a coach for the Xceleration Volleyball Club from 2012-14, Red Rock Volleyball Club from 2014-18, the Adversity Volleyball Club from 2018-19 and the Houston Juniors Volleyball Club from 2019-21, having numerous teams qualify in Open, National and American divisions.

The Los Angeles, Calif., native graduated from UC Berkeley in 2011 with his bachelor’s in Geography with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship and Technology.

To stay up to date all year long on all things Baylor volleyball, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorVBall.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

Madelon Allen | Associate Director of Athletics Communications
VB, A&T, BaylorBears.com