Carter Promoted to Baylor Soccer Assistant Coach

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Sat Jul 1 09:43:58 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 1, 2023

Carter Promoted to Baylor Soccer Assistant Coach
Lenard promotes volunteer assistant to full-time position

For more information contact: Katy Gilmore; 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor soccer volunteer assistant Cameron Carter has been promoted to assistant coach, announced Saturday morning by head coach Michelle Lenard.

Carter has been in a volunteer assistant position with the Bears’ soccer program for the last year, rounding out Lenard’s staff during their first season with the program.

“We are thrilled to be adding Cameron full time to the coaching staff,” Lenard said. “She has been an integral part of what we have been building the last year and a half and is the right fit to lead our goalkeeper crew and equip them for the highest level of play in the Big 12. Most importantly she is a tremendous person who is a trusted advisor and mentor for our players. We are fortunate to have her!”

The Waco native, Carter played soccer for Midway High School before playing goalkeeper for four years at Arkansas. As a three-year starter for the Razorbacks, she led the team to the NCAA Tournament in all three years and set program records for wins (45), games played (81) and minutes played (7,143).

Before coming to Baylor as a volunteer assistant, Carter was an assistant coach for UTSA from 2018-2022. She primarily focused on the development of the Roadrunners’ goalkeepers but assisted in all aspects of the program. Before UTSA, she spent a year as a graduate assistant at the University of Idaho.

As a volunteer assistant, she helped develop the soccer program and was in charge of all Baylor soccer camps. Carter worked primarily with the goalkeepers in her role and will continue to be the goalkeepers coach in her full-time position.

To stay up to date throughout the year on all things Baylor soccer, follow the team on Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorFutbol and Facebook @BaylorSoccer.

- BaylorBears.com -

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>