Baylor WT Travels for Midweek Match at Harvard

Hild, Shelby Shelby_Hild at baylor.edu
Tue Feb 7 14:12:44 CST 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 7, 2023

Baylor WT Travels for Midweek Match at Harvard
The Bears will face the Crimson in just its second road match of the season

For more information contact: Shelby Hild; 254-405-7591, Shelby_hild at baylor.edu<mailto:Shelby_hild at baylor.edu>

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Baylor women’s tennis team returns to action on Wednesday when it travels to take on Harvard at 3 p.m. CT in the Murr Tennis Center.

The matchup between the Bears (6-2) and the Crimson (3-3) is the first meeting between the two programs since 2010, as Baylor is 3-0 all-time against Harvard.

“We really got pushed over the weekend which was exactly what we needed,” head coach Joey Scrivano said. “I know the team is excited to get back out there. It will be another opportunity for us to put the process first and keep growing. Competing on the road is all about resiliency. We know that Harvard has a lot of talent, and we need to be ready to battle.”

Baylor’s Isabella Harvison, Anita Sahdiieva and Danielle Tuhten each have a team-leading five wins in singles action this spring. Harvison picked up her first victory in her first appearance of the year at No. 1 against the nationally-ranked Florida Gators last weekend. Sahdiieva is a perfect 4-0 on No. 3, while Paula Barañano is 2-0 on No. 5.

In doubles action, Barañano and Danielle Dimitrov are a team-best 3-1 on the year at the No. 1 position, while Sahdiieva and Alina Shcherbinina has a combined three wins on No. 1 and No. 2.

The Crimson’s Sophia Ho and Angel You each have 11 wins during the 2022-23 season in singles and doubles, respectively.

A live stream<https://portal.stretchinternet.com/harvard/> is available for fans to watch Wednesday’s match.

- BaylorBears<http://www.BaylorBears>.com -

--
Shelby Hild | Director of Communications (WBB, WTEN)