Foster Forward: Media Info in Advance of Foster Pavilion Transition

Ingram, Brent Brent_Ingram at baylor.edu
Fri Dec 29 18:43:28 CST 2023

* MEDIA ADVISORY *

All –

Below is a collection of pertinent information regarding covering basketball games at the Foster Pavilion. Please read through these details and let us know if you have any questions.

We look forward to working with you and assisting your coverage of the Bears as we transition into the new Foster Pavilion.

Thanks,

Brent

Media Parking/Shuttle
Qualifying media will be provided a MBB/WBB-specific parking hang tag for use in the Mark & Paula Hurd Welcome Center parking lots. There will be a limited number of these available. When parking at the Hurd Welcome Center, please look for the A-Frames designating the media parking area on the south end of the parking lot.

Contact Shelby Hild and/or Matt Roberts to inquire about the availability of the season-long parking tags for the Hurd Welcome Center. A representative from your organization will be contacted if we have season-long parking available for your outlet. Single-game parking passes for the Hurd Welcome Center will be provided electronically, if available. Individuals must request single-game parking passes at least 24 hours prior to the game.

There will be a free, ADA accessible media shuttle that will pick up on the southeast side of the Hurd parking lot on Dutton Ave. It will drop off near the loading dock media entrance for Foster Pavilion. Hours of operation will begin two hours prior to tip-off and finish two hours following the conclusion of the game.

Credential Process – Requests
Media wishing to apply for single-game credentials may use the link at BaylorBears.com/credentials. Please note that space will be limited and Shelby Hild and Matt Roberts, Baylor’s basketball communications contacts, will be in touch regarding the status of credential requests. Individuals requesting single-game credentials must do so at least 24 hours in advance.

Media Will Call
Media Will Call will be in the Foster Pavilion Loading Dock, located on the I-35 side of the facility. It will open two hours prior to tip-off. All credentialed media members must enter through the loading dock.

Media Meal
In a similar fashion as the Ferrell Center, Baylor Athletics will provide a grab-and-go meal for credentialed media members. This will be located in the Foster Pavilion media room.

Baseline Spaces For Photographers/Videographers
Baylor Athletics Communications will assign photo/video boxes on both baselines for designated photographers and videographers. Similar to the Ferrell Center, photographers and videographers can shoot from their designated locations on the northwest and southeast baselines, but are not permitted to shoot from either sideline. We ask that you please take note of the assigned photo spaces, located in the photo work room. If you have any questions or do not see your name on a spot, please contact Shelby Hild or Matt Roberts.

Media Seating In The Arena
Reserved in-arena media and scout seating is located at the top of section 114, rows 9-10. There will be an elevator and steps that will allow for ingress and egress of media from the press conference and photo work room spaces. Baylor Athletics Communications will assign all media seats in the arena. We ask that you please take note of the seating chart, located in the media work room. Reserved media/scout seats are only to be used by the designated person and are non-transferable.

Media/Photo Work Rooms
The media workroom is reserved for credentialed media members participating in the postgame press conferences. There is also a designated photo/video workroom adjacent to the media room for use by credentialed photographers and videographers.

Fan Information
Please visit BaylorBears.com/FosterForward to remain up-to-speed on all communication regarding the Foster Pavilion opening.

--
Brent Ingram | Assistant AD for Communications
Men’s Tennis Sport Program Administrator