Baylor Equestrian Adds Lilly Ulrich as Assistant Coach

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Wed Aug 9 10:00:58 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Aug. 9, 2023

Baylor Equestrian Adds Lilly Ulrich as Assistant Coach
Former UC Davis equestrian standout to assist with BU’s Jumping Seat

WACO, Texas – Baylor equestrian head coach Casie Maxwell announced Wednesday the addition of Lilly Ulrich to the BUEQ staff as an assistant coach.

Ulrich, a former standout equestrian student-athlete at UC Davis, now teams up with her former head coach, Jessie Weisinger, as members of the Bears’ coaching staff. Ulrich will pair with fellow assistant Grace Bridges to coach the Jumping Seat, while Weisinger (Horsemanship) and Maxwell (Reining) oversee the Western side of the roster.

“We are very excited to add Coach Ulrich to our staff this season,” Maxwell said. “The opportunity to add more coaches for the sport of Equestrian is long overdue and we are so grateful for the opportunity to be able to pour more support into our student-athletes. Coach Ulrich brings great work ethic and experience to Baylor and we look forward to having her help drive our program forward.”

As an Aggie, Ulrich was a part of the first two seasons in UC Davis equestrian history. She competed in all six regular-season meets in the 2018-19 campaign, debuting in the Aggies’ first-ever home meet on Jan. 31, 2019, and earning Most Outstanding Performer honors in Fences that day.

In 2019, Ulrich collected four wins between Fences and Flat and tallied the squad’s second-highest Fences score of the year with an 87 against Delaware State. Additionally, Ulrich was named the United Equestrian Conference’s Fences Rider of the Week on April 1 after an 80-73 road win at Fresno State.

“I am thrilled to have the opportunity to join the Baylor staff this year,” Ulrich said. “I am so grateful to be working with such great coaches, staff and student-athletes. I can’t wait to see our student-athletes excel under Coach Maxwell’s leadership this year and am excited to be a part of the program.”

In addition to her riding days, Ulrich also previously served as an assistant trainer and manager at JH Sporthorses, where she frequently trained both children and adults, as well as exercised over 65 horses daily.

A native of Rochester, N.Y., Ulrich began her collegiate studies at Penn State before graduating from UC Davis with a degree in plant sciences.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor equestrian, follow the team on its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorEQ.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (BSB, FB, EQ)