Baylor MT’s Woodson Elected to ITA DI Operating Committee

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Tue Aug 8 13:20:49 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Aug. 8, 2023

Baylor MT’s Woodson Elected to ITA DI Operating Committee
Bears’ head coach begins three-year term
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle; 940-564-0351, colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu<mailto:colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu>

TEMPE, Ariz. – Baylor men’s tennis head coach Michael Woodson was elected as part of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s DI Men’s Operating Committee, as announced in July by ITA chief executive officer Dr. Timothy Russell.

“It is truly an honor to be able to represent our region on the ITA DI Operating Committee,” said Woodson. “Our governing body of college tennis is on the cutting edge of promoting our great game locally and internationally, and it is an exciting time to be able to lend a hand as we navigate the future of our sport at the highest level. I’m excited to get started with this incredible group of coaches.”

Elected by ITA member coaches, the current operating committee will serve their roles through the 2026 season.

“As both the governing body of college tennis and a coaches association, the ITA is very proud of the outstanding contributions of time and talent by our coaches in the important work of coach governance,” said Russell.

Woodson is the men’s lone representative from both the Texas Region and Big 12 Conference for the 2023-24 academic year. Arizona State’s Matt Hill is also on the board and will be a voice for the Big 12 beginning next summer. Wisconsin’s Danny Westerman will chair the committee.

The full list of board members is available on the ITA website<https://www.wearecollegetennis.com/ita/ita-committees/d1-operating-committee/>.

For the latest news on the Baylor men’s tennis team all year long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorMTennis.

FULL ITA RELEASE: https://www.wearecollegetennis.com/2023/07/19/ita-announces-division-i-operating-committee/

- BaylorBears.com -

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F/XC, MTEN, FB)