Baylor MGOLF Set to Open the Big 12 Championship

Roberts, Matt WM_Roberts at baylor.edu
Sun Apr 23 13:10:25 CDT 2023

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 23, 2023

Baylor MGOLF Set to Open the Big 12 Championship
The event will feature final-round coverage on Big 12 Now on ESPN+
For more information, contact: Matt Roberts, 254-227-2280, WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu<mailto:WM_Roberts at Baylor.edu>

HUTCHINSON, Kan. – Baylor men's golf opens its postseason run on Monday morning when it tees off in the Big 12 Championship at Prairie Dunes Country Club in Hutchinson, Kan.

Monday will mark the 14th time the Big 12 Championship has been played in Hutchinson, which was the site of Baylor’s only Big 12 Championship win in 2001. The final round will be covered live on Big 12 Now on ESPN+. Head coach Mike McGraw is looking forward to returning to Prairie Dunes this week.

“We have been playing very well this spring, so I'm pretty excited about it,” he said. “I'm particularly excited because we get to go play a championship golf course. I know every time I'm interviewed about Prairie Dunes, I always say good things, but it's such a great golf course that the kids can't help but have a good attitude about being there.”

Johnny Keefer will play take his usual position at the No. 1 spot. The senior, who enters with a streak of seven-straight rounds at par or better, is making his third start at the Big 12 Championship, coming off a 16th-place finish at the Big 12 Championship a season ago, which was his best finish.

Drew Wrightson will play at the No. 2 spot this week. The sophomore enters the Big 12 Championship in the midst of his best stretch in a Baylor uniform with a top-five and two top-10 finishes this spring. He finished tied for 33rd last year at The Big 12 Championship in Whispering Pines.

Tyler Isenhart has been on a roll himself, making his 11th start in the lineup this season and will play at the No. 3 position. The Illinois native will get his first crack at the Big 12 Championship this week. The senior heads to Hutch, playing three of his last five rounds at par or better.

Luke Dossey will make his second appearance in the lineup this spring, penciled in at No. 4. The senior is coming off a tie for 20th at the Thunderbird Collegiate, where he shot two rounds under par en route to his second top-25 finish of the spring.

Zach Heffernan will make his third-straight start at the No. 5 position. Heffernan enters the Big 12 Championship with at least one round at par or better in every event this spring. He finished tied for 37th in his only other appearance at the Big 12 Championship last season.

Live scoring and stats can be found at Golfstat.com.<https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=participants&tid=25779> For more information on Baylor Men’s Golf, follow @BaylorMGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

www.BaylorBears.com<http://www.BaylorBears.com>

Matt Roberts | Associate Director of Athletic Communications (MBB/MGOLF/ WGOLF/)

 [image003.png]