Baylor XC Wraps Up Texas Tech Open

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Sat Sep 17 15:34:14 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Sept. 17, 2022

Baylor XC Wraps Up Texas Tech Open
Urbani leads Bears for the second-straight meet
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

LUBBOCK, Texas – Baylor cross country wrapped up its second meet of the season at Texas Tech on Saturday morning. Ryan Hodge and Cate Urbani lead the Bears in their respective races.

“I was very pleased with the execution of our runners the first half of our races,” said head cross country coach David Barnett. “We have several runners making progress and making the most of their opportunities.”

The men only ran Hodge and Caleb Ackman, who finished 23rd and 79th, respectively. New Mexico captured the team title, followed by Oklahoma and Texas Tech to round out the podium positions.

Baylor women finished third as a team overall, scoring Cate Urbani (third), Sophia Leidner (sixth), Hayden Gold (17th), Ellie Hodge (19th) and Jordan Ledington (30th). Chloe Gangnath was the only non-scoring Bear, placing 35th. The 75-total team points was 34 points behind the first place Sooners and only three points behind West Texas A&M in second.

“It was very helpful getting a preview of the course for Big 12s, and I’m looking forward to improving each week,” said Barnett.

The squad takes their longest trip of the season in two weeks, competing at the Gans Creek Classic in Columbia, Mo. on Sept. 30.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor cross country, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN, interim WBB)