Baylor MT’s Bass Advances to Regional Title Match

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Mon Oct 17 15:53:57 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 17, 2022

Baylor MT’s Bass Advances to Regional Title Match
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s tennis wrapped up the fifth day of play in the ITA Texas Regional Championships on a breezy Monday at the Hurd Tennis Center.

Finn Bass was the lone winner for the Bears, earning a spot in the final round of the ITA Regional Championship and gaining an automatic bid into the ITA Fall Nationals held the first week of November.

THE RUNDOWN

Up against TCU’s Sebastian Gorzny in Monday’s semifinal round, Bass had a stellar day in singles, defeating the Horned Frog, 6-1, 6-2, in quick fashion.

In doubles, Tadeas Paroulek and Zsombor Velcz fell to TCU’s Sander Jong and Lui Maxted on court one, 6-2, 6-3. Shortly after, a close third-set tiebreak led to a loss for Bass and Juan Pablo Grassi Mazzuchi against UTSA’s Alan Magadan and Sebastian Rodriguez, 6-4, 1-6, 1-0(8).

QUOTABLE

Finn Bass on advancing to the singles championship…

“I’ve had a good week so far. Making the finals is obviously a good achievement and I am looking forward to it tomorrow. I played a good match this morning against a TCU player, which is never easy. Technically, I played really well and didn’t make a lot of errors and still played aggressive. It was a really professional performance.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Finn Bass’ matchup against Pierce Rollins (Texas A&M) in the final round of the ITA Texas Regional is set for 11:30 a.m. at the Hurd Tennis Center on Tuesday.

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN)