No. 10/No. 11 Baylor T&F Set for Big 12 Championships in Lubbock

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Thu May 12 15:48:31 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – May 12, 2022

No. 10/No. 11 Baylor T&F Set for Big 12 Championships in Lubbock
Bears travel to Texas Tech to open the postseason
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor track and field opens the 2022 postseason in the Big 12 Championships at the Fuller Track & Field Facility in Lubbock, Texas. Competition begins bright and early Friday morning with the women’s 10,000 meters at 7 a.m., to be followed by the men.

“I actually feel really good about how the team is performing,” said head coach Michael Ford. “Really, the last month or so, they’ve been coming along. I think we’re getting some kids back healthy. I think right now, we’re just trying to keep them mentally sharp for this meet. And also, the weather might be an issue with the heat, because it’s been really hot the last few weeks here. So, I’m just making sure that they hydrate really well, but actually feeling really good going into the meet.”

The men’s squad enters the meet ranked No. 10 in the nation in USTFCCCA’s ratings index. Led by No. 1 Chinecherem Prosper Nnamdi in the javelin, the Baylor men hold four top-25 marks, including the men’s 4x400-meter relay of Dillon Bedell, Matthew Moorer, Nathaniel Ezekiel and Howard Fields III.

The women fall right behind in the 11th spot with 14 marks in the top-25. Mariah Ayers, Imaobong Uko, Kavia Francis and Ackera Nugent fill out the top-10 representatives in the green and gold.

The championships take place Friday morning through Sunday afternoon and will be streamed by Big12Now on ESPN+ with John Hurtz and Johanna Gretschel commentating. A detailed event schedule, live stream links and live results can all be found online<https://big12sports.com/tournaments/?id=1033>.

For the latest news on the Baylor track and field team all season long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Communications Intern (Interim-T&F/XC)