Baylor Softball Picks Up Midweek Sweep Against Tarleton

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Tue Mar 22 23:15:42 CDT 2022

Baylor Softball Picks Up Midweek Sweep Against Tarleton
Bears stay undefeated against the Texans
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
WACO, Texas – Baylor softball picks up a midweek sweep against Tarleton Tuesday night, as they defeat the Texans, 5-1 in game one and 7-1 in game two at Getterman Stadium.

Game 1: Baylor 5, Tarleton 1
The Bears came out with hot bats tonight, recording 10 hits in the game with Ana Watson and Emry McDonough picking up two each.

A scoreless game going into the bottom of the third, the Bears plated a run after leadoff singles from Emry McDonough and McKenzie Wilson put two on for Taylor Strain who bunted them over. Sydney Collazos then singled to centerfield, plating McDonough.

The Bears brought two more runs home in the next two innings, after a double from Kaci West and a two-RBI single from McDonough.

A combination of starting pitcher Dariana Orme and reliever Rachel Hertenberger, they combined to hold the Texans scoreless until the seventh. A solo homerun for Tarleton plated their only run of the game.

The pitching duo only allowed three hits while Orme struck out six and Hertenberger added two.

Game 2: Baylor 7, Tarleton 1
The Bears scored early in game two, after leadoff batter McKenzie Wilson scored on an error by the third baseman.

Taylor Strain brought in another run in the bottom of the third after she singled to right field, scoring pinch runner Grace Powell.

The Bears bats were silenced in the third inning before a three-run fourth inning put them up, 5-1. Strain who went 3-for-4 in game two recorded her second hit of the game, a two-RBI double before a RBI groundout plated another run.

The last two runs for Baylor came in the bottom of the sixth, when Aliyah Binford plated two on a two-out single up the middle.

A pitching duo of Kaci West and Maren Judisch held the Texans to only one run with West picking up the win and Judisch recording the save.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Katie Ellington appeared in her third game this season, recording a hit in game two
  *   Three different catchers saw action in game two
  *   The Bears outhit Tarleton 10-3 in game one
  *   Emry McDonough had her first multi-hit game of the season
  *   Maren Judisch recorded her first save of the season
  *   Taylor Strain went 3-for-4 in game two with a double and three RBI
  *   Ana Watson went 2-for-3 in game one with two runs scored

TOP QUOTES
Glenn Moore on the game…
“We were efficient. I have been asking for efficiency for a while and I really through that they carried that throughout. A lot of respect for Tarleton but I was really happy with our efficiency tonight.”

- BaylorBears.com -

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>