Baylor WT Inks Vanda Vargova

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Tue Jul 19 14:11:24 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 19, 2022

Baylor WT Inks Vanda Vargova
Slovakian national champion joins incoming freshman class
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s tennis signed Vanda Vargova for the 2022-23 season, head coach Joey Scrivano announced on Tuesday.

“We are very excited to have Vanda join our team,” Scrivano said. “She’s a strong and smart competitor. She’s process-focused and has a passion for the game. She has all the right stuff that breeds success. We’re building a tough, physical, aggressive team and Vanda fits perfectly. We are looking forward to her arrival on campus.”

Vargova has been ranked as high as 10.71 in the UTR and has beaten seven of the ITF Top 50 players in her junior career. She was also the Slovakian National Doubles and Singles champion under 14 and 16.

For the latest news on the Baylor women's tennis team all season long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorWTennis.

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1415018582]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>