Baylor A&T Voted Preseason Favorite in NCATA Preseason Coaches’ Poll

Allen, Madelon Madelon_Allen at baylor.edu
Mon Jan 31 17:03:07 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – January 31, 2022

Baylor A&T Voted Preseason Favorite in NCATA Preseason Coaches’ Poll
Reigning national champion Baylor starts season on Saturday
For more information contact: Madelon Allen, 254-252-7168, Madelon_Allen at Baylor.edu<mailto:Madelon_Allen at Baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – The Baylor acrobatics and tumbling team has been named the favorite in the NCATA Preseason Coaches’ Poll, the organization announced Monday.

The Bears were voted first on 29 out of 31 ballots to be named the preseason favorite for the fast-approaching acrobatics & tumbling season.

BU, the reigning and six-time national champion, starts its season on Saturday in the Ferrell Center with a start time of 5 p.m. against No. 14 Mary-Hardin Baylor.

Baylor will face No. 3 Oregon at the end of February at home as well as No. 5 Hawaii Pacific on April 10. On the road for a good portion of the season, the Bears will travel to ETBU, Saint Leo, No. 4 Quinnipiac, No. 14 UMHB as well as No. 3 Oregon to close the season before the championships.

QUOTABLE – head coach Felecia Mulkey
“The rankings being released means that the season is here and that gets me fired up! It is exciting to be ranked number one. I’m grateful for my colleagues that voted us into that position. This changes nothing about how we approach the season. Practice by practice, meet by meet, we are trying to improve each day. Our goal is to peak at the right time. We can’t wait to see everyone at the Ferrell Center this weekend to start the season.”

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor acrobatics & tumbling, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorAcro.

2022 NCATA Preseason Coaches’ Poll
1. Baylor (29) - 463
2. Azusa Pacific (1) - 411
3. Oregon (1) - 410
4. Quinnipiac - 366
5. Hawaii Pacific - 321
6. Gannon - 318
7. Converse - 241
8. Fairmont State - 237
9. Limestone - 231
10. King - 208
11. West Liberty - 108
12. Presbyterian - 88
13. Belmont Abbey - 76
14. Mary-Hardin Baylor - 61
15. Frostburg State - 49

- BaylorBears.com -

Madelon Allen | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, A&T)