Baylor T&F to Compete in Big 12 Indoor Championships

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Thu Feb 24 14:47:49 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – February 24, 2022

Baylor T&F to Compete in Big 12 Indoor Championships

For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor track & field heads to Ames, Iowa, to compete at the 2022 Big 12 Indoor Championship on Friday and Saturday in the Lied Recreation Center. The meet, hosted by Iowa State, is set to begin at 11 a.m. with the men’s heptathlon on both days.

“I’ve been really happy with this team this year because they’ve really focused on executing their races,” said head coach Michael Ford. “I think going into it, for the most part, we’re pretty healthy- and that’s always a good sign when we’re healthy. I think if we just build off the success we’ve had meet in and meet out, we’ll do well.”

The Bears return 2021 Big 12 Champs Aaliyah Miller and Tuesdi Tidwell, while expecting big things from impact freshmen Nathaniel Ezekiel and Johnny Brackins.

2021 silver medalist Ackera Nugent currently holds the No. 1 spot in the Big 12 for the 60-meter hurdles with the program-record 7.89-second finish.

“I think I’m on a really good path,” said Nugent, who won the 2021 NCAA Indoor title with an U20 world-record time of 7.91 last March. “The thing about this season is I’ve been really consistent with my time. I’m really excited to see what I’ll do on the big day.”

Baylor currently has 12 student-athletes ranked in the top-10 for their individual events, and both 4x400-meter relay squads find their marks on the list.

This weekend’s championship meet will be streamed on Big 12 Now on ESPN+ with John Hurtz and Johanna Gretschel commentating. PrimeTime Timing will be providing live results online<https://live.pttiming.com/?mid=4760> throughout the event.

For the latest news on the Baylor track and field team all season long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Communications Intern (Interim-T&F/XC)