No. 25 Baylor WT Secures 5-2 Dub in Exhibition over Tyler Junior College

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Sun Feb 6 19:24:40 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 6, 2022

No. 25 Baylor WT Secures 5-2 Dub in Exhibition over Tyler Junior College
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
WACO, Texas – No. 25 Baylor women’s tennis defeated Tyler Junior College, 5-2, in an exhibition match Sunday afternoon at Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center.

The Bears won the doubles point as the duo of Brooke Thompson and Hannah Pinto got things started with a 6-2 win over Yeva Kononovych and Kelly Arends on court No. 3. Mel Krywoj and Isabella Harvison clinched the doubles point with a 6-3 win over Patricia Apisah and Lauren Anzalotta on court No. 1.

Thompson continued her winning ways in singles as the freshman made quick work of Kononovych on court No. 6 with a 6-0, 6-0 dub. Fellow freshman Olivia Malm followed suit with a 6-1, 6-3 win over Yeva Kramarova on court No. 5.

Krywoj secured the fourth point for Baylor with her 6-2, 6-2 win on court No. 2 over Destinee Martins. The fifth point on the day for the Bears was won by Alicia Herrero on court No. 3 over Kelly Arends, 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (16-14).

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Brooke Thompson went 2-0 on the day with a win in doubles and singles.
  *   Three freshmen played for the Bears – Thompson, Olivia Malm and Ana Carmen Zamburek.

TOP QUOTES
Joey Scrivano on the match…
“I thought we came out really strong in doubles on all three courts. We were just ready to play. We got off to a good start, and then in singles that just translated over on a lot of courts. Obviously in some matchups we want to perform better, execute better. I feel like we’re trending the right way. We bounced back from a couple tough matches. Today was really important for us.”

UP NEXT
No. 25 Baylor travels to the state of Colorado to face Denver and Colorado on Friday and Saturday, respectively.

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1415018582]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>