No. 25 Baylor WT Hosts Tyler Junior College in Sunday Exhibition

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Sat Feb 5 15:42:53 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Feb. 5, 2022

No. 25 Baylor WT Hosts Tyler Junior College in Sunday Exhibition
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – No. 25 Baylor women’s tennis hosts an exhibition contest against Tyler Junior College at 2 p.m. Sunday at Hawkins Indoor Tennis Center.

“We are excited to have the opportunity to compete,” head coach Joey Scrivano said. “Tyler has a fabulous program that churns out some of the best college players in the nation. Our players understand that this will be a tough match and need to be ready to compete.”

This match is the lone contest of the weekend for the Bears after the program announced schedule updates earlier in the week. Due to inclement weather, the Washington State match on Saturday was canceled.

The Bears are coming off a 4-2 defeat at No. 1 Texas. BU became the first team this season to score a point against the Longhorns and the first team to secure the doubles point against UT since Texas Tech did so on April 16, 2021.

The No. 4-ranked duo of Mel Krywoj and Alicia Herrero Linana are undefeated on the spring season with two wins over ranked opponents.

For the latest news on the Baylor women's tennis team all season long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorWTennis.

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1415018582]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>