Baylor MT Adds Louis Bowden

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Wed Dec 28 10:53:47 CST 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS – Dec. 28, 2022

Baylor MT Adds Louis Bowden
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle; 940-564-0351, colin_pirtle1 at baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor men’s tennis has added Louis Bowden to its signing class, head coach Michael Woodson announced on Wednesday.

“Louis has been on our radar for quite some time, as we have had such incredible experiences over the past several years with Brits on our team,” said Woodson. “We were very interested in him becoming a Bear from everything we saw and heard, but what really blew me away was the time we got to spend with the Bowdens on his visit to campus. His work ethic, professionalism and competitiveness are obvious to the eye, not to mention his high-level game, but what sold me was how well he related to each member of our program. He could not have been more at home here on campus, and I knew this was home for him very quickly.”

Bowden will join the Bears in the Fall 2023 semester after a standout juniors career in Europe, where he currently sits at No. 3 in the 18U LTA Britain rankings.

In ITF play, Bowden hit a career-high juniors ranking of 88 in January of 2022 and competed at Wimbledon Juniors in July.

He won the 2021 J3 Les Franqueses del Valles title in Spain and appeared as a finalist at the J4 Porto, J4 Loughborough and J3 Saint Gregoire. Bowden saw a spot in the main draw at the Junior Australian Open after piling two wins in the qualifying draw of the tournament.

“We are thrilled to have Louis be the first signee of what will surely be a talented freshman class coming to Waco in the Fall of 2023,” said Woodson.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor men’s tennis, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorMTennis.

- BaylorBears.com -

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN)