Baylor XC Announces 2022 Schedule

Pirtle, Colin Colin_Pirtle1 at baylor.edu
Wed Aug 3 09:19:23 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – August 3, 2022

Baylor XC Announces 2022 Schedule
For more information contact: Colin Pirtle, 940-564-0351, Colin_Pirtle1 at Baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor cross country released its seven-meet schedule for the 2022 season on Wednesday morning.

“I am really looking forward to the season,” said distance coach David Barnett. “Our student-athletes are in a good spot, and we have some good leadership from the upperclassmen. The newcomers will be a huge part of the team, and I am looking forward to their additions. It’s going to be a good season.”

The Bears open up in Austin at the Tornado Watch Invitational, hosted by Concordia University on Sept. 1.

Just over two weeks later, on Sept. 17, Baylor heads to Lubbock for the Texas Tech Opener for the first of two meets in West Texas this season.

After a week off, the group takes its farthest trip of the year to the Gans Creek Classic hosted by the University of Missouri.

Closing out the regular season, Baylor gets a tune up in Bryan-College Station at the Arturo Barrios Invitational on Oct. 15 for a dry-run on the course before the NCAA Regional meet in November.

The Big 12 Conference Championships will be held back in Lubbock, Texas, on Oct. 28 at the Rawls Cross Country Course. Baylor fans can make a weekend of it by cheering on the cross country teams the day before football takes on the Red Raiders on Oct. 29 at Jones AT&T Stadium.

The NCAA championship season begins Nov. 11 with the South Central Regionals held down Highway 6 in Bryan-College Station. Champions will be crowned a week later on Nov. 19 at the NCAA Championships in Stillwater, Okla.

For the latest news on the Baylor track and field team all year long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorTrack.

Colin Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (T&F, XC, MTEN)