No. 21 Baylor WT Falls to No. 27 Kansas, 4-1

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Fri Apr 22 12:26:11 CDT 2022

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 22, 2022

No. 21 Baylor WT Falls to No. 27 Kansas, 4-1
Bears turn their attention to NCAA Tournament
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
FORT WORTH, Texas – No. 21 Baylor women’s tennis dropped a 4-1 contest to No. 27 Kansas Friday morning in the Big 12 quarterfinals at the Bayard H. Friedman Tennis Center.

Kansas took the doubles point with wins on courts two and three.

Alina Shcherbinina had the quick answer for the Bears in singles with her 6-3, 6-1 win over Carmen Roxana Manu on court four.

Baylor was on the verge of adding another point to the board as Paula Baranano held a 7-5, 5-2 lead over Tiffany Lagarde on court six.

However, Kansas strung together three quick wins on courts one, five and three to seal the win.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Alina Shcherbinina picked up her 18th singles win of the spring.
  *   Baylor moves to 37-17 all-time in the Big 12 Championships.

QUOTE
Joey Scrivano on the match…
Credit to the Jayhawks. They competed really hard and brought the energy. For us, we definitely didn’t play our best match. Our mindset wasn’t where it needs to be. Ultimately we’ll learn from it. We’ll have a couple of good weeks of training and get ready for the NCAAs. This team has earned a spot in the field, and that’s always a big deal. We’re going to get back, get our minds right and be ready to play in the postseason.

UP NEXT
The Bears now await their fate in the NCAA Tournament. The selection show is scheduled for Monday, March 2 and 5:30 p.m. CT. It will be streamed on ncaa.com.

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1415018582]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>