SOC Defeats Texas Tech, 3-2

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Thu Sep 30 22:27:33 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – September 30, 2021

SOC Defeats Texas Tech, 3-2
Improves to 3-0 in conference play, the first 3-0 conference start since 1998
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
WACO, Texas – A thrilling come from behind 3-2 win over Texas Tech at home in Waco tonight moves Baylor to 3-0 in conference play. The win comes with three goals from three different Bears.

Baylor got on the board first tonight with a goal from Taylor Moon in the 11th minute on a perfect cross from Elizabeth Kooiman. With Jennifer Wandt recording three saves in the first half, Baylor held off Texas Tech until the 39th minute when Kirsten Davis found the back of the net and tied things up at 1-1. Also getting good looks in the first half were Mackenzie Anthony, Olivia Mack and Maddie Algya.

Texas Tech took the lead first in the second half with a goal in the 57th minute. Baylor answered quick though when Olivia Mack put one on frame with an assist from Mackenzie Anthony. With things knotted at two, Lorelai Stramrood and Anthony both had good shots that just didn’t fall.

Regaining the lead, Gabby Mueller got a good look from distance and blasted one into the net to give Baylor the 3-2 advantage in the 79th minute. The Bears were able to get four more shots off before time expired.

Baylor had 10 for 19 shots on goal tonight and were awarded eight corner kicks to the Red Raiders five. Goalkeeper Jennifer Wandt picked up another win tonight while recording seven saves. The seven saves’ ties for the most this season after last week’s performance at TCU.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Baylor improves to 3-0 in conference play, the first 3-0 conference start since 1998
  *   Baylor has either won or tied in the last nine games
  *   Jennifer Wandt recorded seven saves, tied for the most this season
  *   Taylor Moon scored her third goal in as many games
  *   Elizabeth Kooiman tallied her fourth assist this season, leads Baylor in the category
  *   Olivia Mack and gabby Mueller net their second goals this season

STAT OF THE GAME
 3 – The number of conference wins Baylor has, the first 3-0 conference start since 1998

TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on the game…
“It’s always a great match, it’s always intense, it’s always physical. It’s never dirty, it’s just a physical, intense match. There’s a Big 12 championship on the line every time you play a Big 12 team. That’s what everybody wants, so it’s a fight to the end.”

Gabby Mueller on taking a long shot…
“I had a lot of adrenaline in me, and I knew something had to be done, so I took the initiative.”

Jennifer Wandt on the game…
“Whether we are winning, tied, or losing, we play our game and we believe that will get us through it all”

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>