Baylor Baseball: Breazeale Joins Coaching Staff

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Mon Sep 13 13:20:23 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – September 13, 2021

Breazeale Joins Baseball Coaching Staff
Volunteer assistant brings playing and coaching experience to Baylor

WACO, Texas – Head baseball coach Steve Rodriguez announced the addition of Ben Breazeale to the staff as the volunteer assistant coach on Monday.

“We are very excited to add Ben to our staff as a volunteer coach. He possesses a tremendous amount of knowledge from being a player himself in both collegiate and professional baseball,” Rodriguez said. “He has worked with, and knows how to use, analytics in the teaching of the game that will further grow the development of each individual player on our team.”

Breazeale comes to Waco with a wealth of experience in baseball throughout various levels, having most recently served as the graduate assistant at Arkansas under head coach Dave Van Horn.

“I am looking forward to working side-by-side with our coaching staff to help develop our student-athletes in all aspects of the game, while striving to build a culture of humility and leading with a servant’s heart.” Breazeale said.

Following a four-year professional career, Breazeale assisted the Razorbacks’ staff in developing hitters and catchers, helping the team to a 50-win season and a No. 1 national ranking in 2021. Last season, Arkansas hosted both a regional and super regional after winning both the SEC regular-season and tournament titles.

Prior to his time in Fayetteville, Breazeale spent four years in the Baltimore Orioles organization. A seventh-round pick in the 2017 draft, Breazeale hit .318 in his first professional season with the Aberdeen IronBirds, the Orioles’ short-season Class A affiliate, earning Short-Season All-Star recognition by Baseball America and being named a New York-Penn League (NVP) Mid-Season All-Star. He was also named the MiLB.com NYP Player of the Month for June 2017.

A four-year starter at Wake Forest, Breazeale hit .276 in his collegiate career with 179 hits, 36 doubles, 16 home runs and 106 RBIs. His decorated senior season included being named a Johnny Bench Award Semifinalist, a first-team All-American (Collegiate Baseball), a second-team All-American (NCBWA, Perfect Game/Rawlings) and a first-team All-ACC selection.

Breazeale graduated from Wake Forest in 2017 with a bachelor’s degree in psychology and will complete his master’s degree in operations management from Arkansas in December.

For the latest news on the Baylor baseball team all season long, follow its official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts: @BaylorBaseball.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (BSB, FB, EQ)