SOC Defeats North Texas, 2-0

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Thu Sep 2 22:56:18 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – September 2, 2020

SOC Defeats North Texas, 2-0
Jennifer Wandt records her 34th career shutout, 4th all-time in Big 12
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
DENTON, Texas – Baylor shutout North Texas tonight beating the Mean Green on their home pitch for only the second time since 2019.

The Bears had control of the first half coming out scoring first on a penalty kick from a North Texas hand ball. After matching UNT shot-for-shot, Maddie Algya placed the ball in the right left corner to go up 1-0 in the 16th minute.

Following it up in the 30th minute Mackenzie Anthony battled the Mean Green one-on-one down the pitch bouncing one off the post to bring Baylor’s lead to 2-0. Anthony’s goal was her third so far this season.

Jennifer Wandt recorded her 34th career shutout in the Baylor win tonight moving her to 4th all-time in Big 12 history.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Chloe Japic returned after missing the last two games due to injury
  *   Maddie Algya netted her second goal of the season off a penalty kick in the 16th minute
  *   Mackenzie Anthony has recorded a point in four-straight games. That means she’s finished every match but one this season with a point.
  *   Anthony scored her third goal of the season in the minute.

STAT OF THE GAME
34 – Number career shutouts Jennifer Wandt has recorded, moving her to 4th all-time in the Big 12

TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on the game…
“From day one we have been a team that has tried to be consistent from minute on to minute 90 and I think tonight was a full 90-minute game where we started well and finished well. I thought we did a really good job.”

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>