Baylor WT Finishes SMU’s Red & Blue Challenge with Pair of Wins

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Sun Oct 10 21:32:52 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 10, 2021

WT Finishes SMU’s Red & Blue Challenge with Pair of Wins
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
DALLAS, Texas – Baylor women’s tennis finished the Red & Blue Challenge with a couple of wins Sunday morning at SMU.

Olivia Malm got things started for the Bears with a 6-4, 7-5 win over Central Arkansas’ Jaeun Lee. That marked Malm’s second win over Lee this weekend.

Ana Carmen Zamburek followed that up with a 6-2, 6-3 win over SMU’s Hadley Doyle. Doyle is the lone Mustang in the Preseason ITA Rankings at No. 112.

Brooke Thompson battled through three sets but fell to Wisconsin’s Charmaine Seah, 6-4, 3-6, 0-1 (6-10).

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Olivia Malm is now 5-2 in singles play in her career.
  *   Ana Carmen Zamburek picked up her first win over a ranked opponent.

TOP QUOTES
Joey Scrivano on the day…
“I was proud to see how the team responded today. They regained their focus on productive things, and that was a huge step for this young group. They are getting better with each experience win or lose, and that’s all we can expect of them. I’m looking forward to getting back to the practice court and building on this weekend.”

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_1415018582]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>