SOC Falls to Kansas, 2-1

Gilmore, Katy Katy_Gilmore at baylor.edu
Thu Oct 7 21:58:20 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – October 7, 2021

SOC Falls to Kansas, 2-1
Kayley Ables scored the lone goal for Baylor, her first career goal
For more information contact: Katy Gilmore, 254-252-2182, katy_gilmore at baylor.edu<mailto:katy_gilmore at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
LAWRENCE, Kansas – Baylor snaps a nine-game unbeaten streak tonight as they fell 2-1 to Kansas. The Bears went down 2-0 in the first half but a Baylor goal in the 81st minute put them within one.

Baylor was able to out shoot Kansas in the first half 5-4 but couldn’t get any in the net. The Jayhawks put one on the board in the fifth minute and again just seven minutes later. Holding Kansas scoreless the rest of the first half, the deficit had already been created.

The Bears came out strong in the second half battling back from the first half. Gabby Mueller, who had two shots on the night sailed one just high of the goal in the 56th minute. Following it up Taylor Moon who dominated on offense tonight with six shots and three on goal had a good look but the Kansas goalkeeper came up with the ball.

In the 81st minute, Kayley Ables netter her first career goal on a pass from Mueller that she deflected and flicked into the goal.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Baylor breaks nine game unbeaten streak
  *   Kayley Ables records her first career goal
  *   Taylor Moon tallied six shots, her most attempts this season
TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on the game…
“Ton of credit to Kansas. I thought they were excellent in the first half and capitalized on two great chances.  Our second half was better than our first and I thought we battled hard to the final whistle. Time to recover and prepare for a good Kansas State team.”

Katy Gilmore | Associate Director of Athletic Communications

[cidimage002.png at 01D79F3C.9D2300D0]<http://baylorbears.com/>