Baylor MBB’s Dainja to Transfer

Kaye, David David_Kaye at baylor.edu
Sat Nov 20 16:43:39 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Nov. 20, 2021

Baylor MBB’s Dainja to Transfer
Forward came off bench in first three games this season
For more information contact: David Kaye, 254-709-5147, David_Kaye at baylor.edu<mailto:David_Kaye at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor redshirt freshman forward Dain Dainja has elected to transfer, head coach Scott Drew announced Saturday.

“Dain has been a great teammate during his two years in our program, first as a practice player while redshirting last year, and continuing into this season,” Drew said. “We’re always sad if a player elects to leave our program, but we wish Dain the best and will fully support him as he pursues other opportunities.”

A Brooklyn Park, Minn., native, Dainja redshirted during the 2020-21 National Championship season. He returned after offseason foot surgery to play off the bench in the Bears’ first three games this season as a redshirt freshman. He posted six points, three rebounds and one block in eight total minutes of action.

Dainja is the first Baylor player to transfer as an undergraduate since Tyson Jolly in March of 2018.

No. 9-ranked Baylor is off to a 4-0 start this season with all four wins by 27 or more points. The Bears put together a strong second half to pull away with an 86-48 victory over Stanford on Saturday. BU now heads to the Bahamas to face Arizona State at 6:30 p.m. CT Wednesday in the first round of the Battle 4 Atlantis. The ASU game will be televised on ESPN2, with remaining games in the tournament televised on various ESPN networks.

David Kaye | Assistant AD for Communications