Baylor Acrobatics & Tumbling Announces 2022 Schedule

Allen, Madelon Madelon_Allen at baylor.edu
Wed Nov 3 16:02:32 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – November 3, 2021

Baylor A&T Announces 2022 Schedule
Reigning national champions hosting three meets in the Ferrell Center
For more information contact: Madelon Allen, 254-252-7168, Madelon_Allen at Baylor.edu<mailto:Madelon_Allen at Baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor’s reigning national champion acrobatics & tumbling has announced its 2022 season schedule, released on Wednesday by head coach Felecia Mulkey.

The Bears will compete in eight regular-season meets before the NCATA National Championships in May. They look to extend their streak of six-consecutive national title, which included beating Azusa Pacific in last year’s final at the Ferrell Center.

“We are looking forward to traveling a bit more this year to see some familiar opponents,” said coach Mulkey. “We are going to Quinnipiac University, who we haven’t been able to see in the last two years due to COVID. It is always a fun meet and always a battle to the finish. It’s going to be a great season with home meets against Oregon, HPU and UMHB. We have a huge senior class to lead us, as well as a strong freshman class. See you all at the Ferrell Center!”

Three meets will be held at home in the Ferrell Center, while five meets will take place on the road.

BU first hosts Mary Hardin-Baylor at home on Feb. 5, then heads on the road for a Feb. 16 match at East Texas Baptist. To close out competition in February, Baylor hosts Oregon at home.

The month of March takes the Bears on the road, with Saint Leo on March 8, Quinnipiac on March 19, and the second-half of the home-and-home with Mary Hardin-Baylor on March 25 in Belton.

April will have two meets before the Championships, with BU hosting Hawaii Pacific on April 2, then heading out to Oregon on April 10.

The 2022 NCATA National Championships will be hosted by the University of Oregon April 28-30 in Eugene. Prior to coming to Baylor in 2014, Mulkey won the first four NCATA Championships at Oregon and has an overall career record of 108-5.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor acrobatics and tumbling, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorAcro.

2022 Baylor A&T Schedule
Feb. 5 – Mary Hardin-Baylor – 5pm
Feb. 16 – @ ETBU – 5pm
Feb. 27 – Oregon – 3pm
March 8 – @ Saint Leo – 6pm
March 19 – @ Quinnipiac – 12pm
March 25 – @ Mary Hardin-Baylor – 6pm
April 2 – Hawaii Pacific – TBD
April 10 – @ Oregon – 6pm
April 28-30 – NCATA National Championships – @ Oregon

Bold – Home Meet
All times CT

Madelon Allen | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (VB, MTEN, A&T)