Baylor Track & Field Heads to Manhattan for Big 12 Championship

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Thu May 13 10:40:18 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – May 13, 2021

Baylor Track & Field Heads to Manhattan for Big 12 Championship
The Bears have a combined 19 top-eight individual rankings in the conference

MANHATTAN, Kan. – Baylor track & field is set to compete at the 2021 Big 12 Outdoor Championship Friday through Sunday at R.V. Christian Track.

“We’re ready,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “We’re taking this as kind of a beginning in a way for some of them. Let’s lock in. We’ve battled, so let’s take a deep breath and go push hard now.”

The men’s team holds 10 top-eight individual rankings in the conference, while the women’s team has nine. The Bears will look to improve upon their No. 9 Big 12 USTFCCA Rating Index ranking and No. 7 ranking on the women’s side while positioning for regionals May 26-29 in College Station.

Returning Big 12 Champions from the indoor season competing at the outdoor championships include Aaliyah Miller, Deshaun Jones and the women’s 4x400-meter relay team. Miller is ranked No. 1 in the women’s 800 meters, Jones is No. 5 in the men’s 110-meter hurdles and the women’s 4x4 is ranked fifth heading into the weekend.

Big 12 Now on ESPN+ will carry the Championship on Saturday and Sunday featuring live running event finals and field event coverage on tape delay. John Kurtz and Johanna Gretschel will provide the commentary. Action on Saturday from 2 p.m.-5:30 p.m. CT can be watched here<https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/5d1eacc2-1816-482e-ab24-ead2976e151d#bucketId=1>, while Sunday’s competition from 3 p. m.-7:30 p.m. CT can be found here<https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/8323ec72-93df-40ad-87f3-67dedaa98ac2#bucketId=1>. Live web results will be provided by PrimeTime Timing<https://pttiming.com/event.php?mid=73&pt=schedule>.

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>