Baylor A&T Hires Alia Nolan as Assistant Coach

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Fri Jul 2 11:16:27 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 2, 2021

A&T Hires Alia Nolan as Assistant Coach
Nolan comes to Waco after four seasons at Gannon University
For more information contact: Zach Rhodes, 919-247-7585, Zach_Rhodes at baylor.edu

WACO, Texas – Baylor acrobatics and tumbling added Alia Nolan as an assistant coach, head coach Felecia Mulkey announced on Friday. Nolan comes to Baylor after a four-year stint as an assistant for the acrobatics and tumbling program at Gannon University in Erie, Pa.

“I am thrilled to add Alia to our coaching staff,” Mulkey said. “Her experience on the mat as an A&T athlete as well as her coaching experience at Gannon will be valuable to our program. She was a great student-athlete and is a great coach, but is an even better human. She will fit well within our program and within the Baylor family.”

In her time at Gannon, Nolan served as the team's recruiting coordinator, as well as in all facets of team training, practice and preparation and helped lead the Golden Knights to the NCATA National Championships in 2018 and 2019. In 2021, Gannon finished the season a perfect 6-0 and ranked No. 5 in the final NCATA rankings.

In addition, she coached the Golden Knights to the 2018 inversion pyramid event national championship, while assisting in getting seven groups to qualify for the national event finals, with all seven placing in the top three in the nation. She has coached 2021 NCATA All-American Nikki Pizzi, 2018 NCATA All-American Chelsea Cowan, NCATA All-Academic Team honorees Jocelyn Scott and Abigail Miller, as well as 82 NCATA Academic Honor Roll recipients and four NCATA national weekly award winners.

Gannon teams with Nolan as part of the coaching staff hold the program record in total score, three of six events, and 17 of 19 heats, and have posted six perfect scores, including three perfect 10s.

A native of Reno, Nevada, Nolan was a four-year member and three-time NCATA All-American with the acrobatics and tumbling team at Alderson Broaddus. She graduated with a degree in political science from Alderson Broaddus in 2017 and will earn her master’s in curriculum and instruction from Gannon in August 2021.

For updates on the program, follow @BaylorAcroTumb on Twitter and Instagram and @BaylorAcrobaticsandTumbling on Facebook.

-BaylorBears.com-

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_268634663]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>