Baylor Women’s Golf Adds Baggarly for Spring 2022

Kaye, David David_Kaye at baylor.edu
Fri Jul 2 09:07:08 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – July 2, 2021

Baylor Women’s Golf Adds Baggarly for Spring 2022
Florida transfer will join program for final collegiate season
For more information contact: David Kaye, 254-709-5147, David_Kaye at baylor.edu<mailto:David_Kaye at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor women’s golf has signed 2021 Augusta National Women’s Amateur qualifier Baggarly to a Financial Aid Contract, head coach Jay Goble announced Friday. A transfer from Florida, Baggarly will join the Bears for her final collegiate season in spring 2022.

“We are beyond excited to add Addie Baggarly to our lineup for next spring,” Goble said. “Addie brings a wealth of experience to Waco and an equally impressive game to match. Just in the past few months she has played at the highest levels of women’s golf by participating in the Augusta National Women’s Amateur and the U.S. Women’s Open. Addie is going to pursue a Master’s degree in Sports Pedagogy. She joins an outstanding team, and together they will continue to elevate our women’s golf team as one of the best on the country.”

A Jonesborough, Tenn., native, Baggarly brings four years of experience competing at the highest levels of amateur golf. She qualified and participated in the 2021 U.S. Women’s Open, the 2021 Augusta National Women’s Amateur and the 2020 Arnold Palmer Cup. She was also a 2020 Second Team All-SEC selection and a 2018 SEC All-Freshmen Team honoree.

“I couldn’t be more excited to join this unbelievable program,” Baggarly said. “As soon as I stepped foot on campus, it felt like I belonged. Coach Jay and Carly have something special with this team, and I’m so honored I get to tee it up with such a talented group of people. I can’t thank Baylor University enough for this unbelievable opportunity to continue both my athletic and academic career.”

Baggarly has twice shot a collegiate career-best 67, most recently at the 2020 Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge. Her best individual finish came when she won the 2019 AllState Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate with a career-best 54-hole mark of 207.

Over four years competing for Florida, Baggarly was part of the Gators’ lineup in all but four events, and she compiled a 73.86 stroke average across 106 rounds during her Florida career. She finished the 2019-20 season ranked as the No. 36 collegiate player in the nation according to Golfstat.

Baggarly gives the Bears four newcomers on the 2021-22 squad. In addition to Baggarly, Baylor adds a trio of freshmen, with BaiMai Seema and Antonia Matte signing National Letters of Intent, and Mattingly Palmer accepting admission to join the team as a walk-on.

The four newcomers will join a strong core of returning players, with the Bears welcoming back three-time All-American Gurleen Kaur, along with a trio of freshmen who competed as part of the Bears’ lineup at the 2021 NCAA Championship – Hannah Karg, Britta Snyder and Rosie Belsham.

Follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for year-round updates.

David Kaye | Assistant AD for Communications