Baylor Track & Field Heads to College Station for Aggie Invitational

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Thu Jan 21 18:59:42 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Jan. 21, 2021

Baylor Track & Field Heads to College Station for Aggie Invitational
Baylor boasts 14 student-athletes currently ranked in the NCAA top 16.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

WACO, Texas – Baylor track & field returns to action this weekend as the Bears travel to College Station, Texas, for the Aggie Invitational.

“We’re just trying to build on the success that we had at Tech,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “It was a great meet for us. We got a lot of good things started. We just have to build on that. We have to continue to get better every week and not be satisfied. We had a good meet, but we want to get better. We’ve had a good week of work, so we’re looking forward to going down there to get a few more things accomplished.”

Baylor will be competing against Texas A&M, Houston, TCU, Utah (W) and UTSA at the Gilliam Indoor Track Stadium. The Bears have 14 athletes (men & women) currently ranked in the NCAA top 16, and all of them will be in action this weekend.

The pole vault crew of KC Lightfoot, Ben Conacher, Tuesdi Tidwell and Alex Kubicek hold four of those spots, including Lightfoot (world lead and collegiate record holder) at No. 1 in the men’s rankings and Tidwell at No. 2 in the women’s rankings.

“A lot of our group is ranked in the top five right now, but we’re going to have to be better to stay there or move up,” Harbour said. “But, our pole vaulters - Tuesdi’s No. 2, Alex is up there in the top 10. Ben, he PR’d by a foot. Both of our freshman vaulters PR’d by almost a foot and they’re ranked nationally right now. Ben’s No. 3 in the Big 12 and Alex is No. 2 in the Big 12. So, they did a great job.

“Our men’s 4x4, we’re No. 1 right now in the nation,” Harbour said. “They’re a second ahead of second, and we ran a second slower last year with a pretty good group last year at Iowa. And we had two subs. We didn’t run Howard Fields III on it. Across the board, we had a really good meet.”

Live results from the Aggie Invitational can be found at https://www.flashresults.com/2021_Meets/Indoor/01-23_AggieInvitational/. The meet will be streamed live on the SEC Network+ at https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=b3dfd865-4fd5-4b92-a051-87a522304b64<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fwatch%2Fplayer%3Fid%3Db3dfd865-4fd5-4b92-a051-87a522304b64&data=04%7C01%7CKellen_Coleman%40baylor.edu%7Ca390620a5cb54d2ce5d208d8bd501087%7C22d2fb35256a459bbcf4dc23d42dc0a4%7C0%7C0%7C637467498998912461%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=4mvgE%2Bhmxotkm548sTpKGFZtMsaStQgWQ0YgZA1pcTY%3D&reserved=0>.

There will be no rest for the Bears as the Texas Tech Invitational is a week away (Jan. 29-30) back in Lubbock.

“We’re just putting in work,” Harbour said. “Some are going to run different events this weekend. We’re in our work period where we can’t just back off for every meet. By the time we get to mid-February, we’ll be ready to roll.”

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Baylor Individuals in NCAA Top 16
Men
4x400-Meter Relay
1. Dillon Bedell, Hasani Barr, Chris DuPree, Matthew Moorer – 3:08.87

Pole Vault
1. KC Lightfoot – 19-5.75 (5.94m)
11. Ben Conacher – 17-4.25 (5.29m)

Women
60 Meters
13. Sydney Washington – 7.40

200 Meters
5. Arria Minor – 23.39

60-Meter Hurdles
5. Ackera Nugent – 8.24
10. Kennedy Bailey – 8.35

4x400-Meter Relay
3. Arria Minor, Sydney Washington, Aaliyah Miller, Lily Williams – 3:35.94

Pole Vault
2. Tuesdi Tidwell – 14-5.5 (4.41m)
11. Alex Kubicek – 13-7.75 (4.16m)

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>