MBB Box: No. 2 Baylor 76, Iowa State 65 (Ames, Iowa)

Kaye, David David_Kaye at baylor.edu
Sat Jan 2 14:54:19 CST 2021

Game Book attached. Postgame video files and pool photos have been uploaded here: http://baylorbea.rs/MediaMBB

No. 2/2 Baylor 76 (9-0, 2-0), Iowa State 65 (2-5, 0-3)
Ames, Iowa (Hilton Coliseum)
Jan. 2, 2021

  *   Baylor improved to 9-0 for the first time since starting 15-0 on its way to No. 1 in 2016-17.
  *   Baylor set a new school-record with its 9th-consecutive win by double-digits, passing the 8-game double-digit win streak to start the 2011-12 season.
  *   BU head coach Scott Drew recorded his 371st win as a Division I head coach (351 at Baylor, 20 at Valpo), matching his father Homer Drew’s 371 career Division I wins (all at Valpo).
  *   Baylor is the nation’s only team to win every game this season by 11+ points, including 7 of 9 wins by 25+ points.
  *   Baylor has built leads of at least 13 points in all 9 games this season.
  *   Baylor has now led by at least 5 points in all 39 games since the start of the 2019-20 season.
  *   Baylor went 0-for-6 from 3-point range in the first half, the only half this season when the Bears did not make at least 2 treys.
  *   Jared Butler (21 points) had his 12th career 20-point game (2nd of season).
  *   Adam Flagler’s streak of 42 consecutive games with a made 3-pointer ended. It was the nation’s 4th-longest active streak.

 Thanks,

DK

--

David Kaye | Assistant AD for Communications