Baylor Track & Field Set For Big 12 Indoor Championship

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Thu Feb 25 09:36:11 CST 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – February 25, 2021

Baylor Track & Field Set For Big 12 Indoor Championship
Women’s team is ranked third among Big 12 teams, while men’s team is ranked seventh in the conference.

LUBBOCK, Texas – Returning to Texas Tech’s Sports Performance Center for the fourth time this season, Baylor track & field will compete at the 2021 Big 12 Indoor Championship Friday and Saturday.

“We’re obviously excited to be here after all that we’ve gone through this season,” head coach Todd Harbour said. “To have an opportunity to compete for a championship is an exciting time. We’re pretty healthy. We got most of them on the bus. Both groups are excited and ready to go. We’re hoping for the best starting on Friday.”

Coming into the Big 12 Championship, the Baylor women’s team is ranked No. 15 in the USTFCCCA National Track & Field Rating Index (third among Big 12 schools), while the men’s team is rated seventh among league schools.

KC Lightfoot, the collegiate record holder in the pole vault, Tuesdi Tidwell (pole vault) and Aaliyah Miller (800 meters, 1,000 meters) all hold No .1-ranked marks in the Big 12 this season. Baylor has 19 women’s and 11 men’s marks ranked in the Big 12 top eight, which would be scoring marks at the conference meet.

The Bears have four individual women’s marks ranked in the NCAA top-16 (including the 4x400-meter relay) and two men’s marks, including the 4x4. Several others are within striking distance to work their way into the national meet with season-best performances at the Big 12 meet.

“We’ll see if we can get a few more qualified for the NCAA meet,” Harbour said. “We want to compete as hard as we possibly can and hope that it’s good enough to put us in a good place at the end of the meet.”

Big 12 Now on ESPN+ will carry the Championship on Friday and Saturday featuring live running event finals and field event coverage on tape delay. Lincoln Rose and Johanna Gretschel will provide the commentary. The first day can be viewed at https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/0d9d0f64-5401-4d4b-af51-31fba5dbaf32#bucketId=22508, while day two can be found at https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/800553e7-3692-465e-8c6d-50a2cfdb6162#bucketId=22508.

Live Results from Lubbock will be provided by PrimeTime Timing at https://live.pttiming.com/?mid=2112. Baylor action will begin Friday with the women’s pentathlon at 10 a.m. CT. The Bears will kick off Saturday with the women’s shot put at 1 p.m. CT.

For continued updates on the Baylor Track & Field team, follow the team's social media accounts all season long: @BaylorTrack.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>