No. 10 Baylor Volleyball Holds Successful Green & Gold Scrimmage

Calderone, Max Max_Calderone at baylor.edu
Wed Aug 18 17:08:12 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – August 18, 2021

No. 10 VB Holds Successful Green & Gold Scrimmage
Green defeats Gold, 3-0

WACO, Texas – No. 10 Baylor volleyball opened its preseason schedule with a three-set match during its annual Green & Gold Scrimmage Wednesday afternoon at the Ferrell Center. Team Green defeated Team Gold, 25-13, 25-16, 25-15.

Newcomers Alicia Andrew, Lauren Briseño, Ava Grace Haggard, Molly Kipp, Faith Lynch, Elise McGhee, Kaitlyn Riley, Riley Simpson and Avery Skinner all saw their first action as Bears, in addition to a wealth of returners.

“It feels great, I feel like it’s been a long time coming,” said Skinner. “We’ve been training hard in practice so it’s great to finally be on the court and get to play with the team in front of fans.”

The scrimmage came after nine full days of practice dating back to Aug. 9.

“We’ve got a lot of firepower, a lot of options. I’m really excited about the talent we have in the gym,” said head coach Ryan McGuyre. “It doesn’t always come together quickly and easy when you have that much. We’re still working on our rhythm and seeing who’s going to line up where. But, I really love the energy in the gym and the leadership. I think these girls are invested in making this the best experience for each other and those around them.”

Both teams combined for 11 aces and 14 blocks.

WHAT’S NEXT
The Bears close out their preseason schedule with a short road trip to College Station on Friday for an exhibition against Texas A&M. The match is set to begin at 6 p.m. CT at Reed Arena.

To stay up to date throughout the season on all things Baylor volleyball, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @BaylorVBall.

Max Calderone | Associate Director of Athletics Communications (BSB, FB, EQ)