Baylor SOC Tops Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in Preseason Exhibition

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Thu Aug 12 21:31:05 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Aug. 12, 2021

SOC Tops Texas A&M-Corpus Christi in Preseason Exhibition
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
WACO, Texas – Baylor soccer put on a strong show in the first exhibition of the preseason Thursday night at Betty Lou Mays Field as the Bears topped Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, 5-0.

Because the teams decided to play three 30-minute periods instead of two 45-minute halves, each Baylor keeper got 30 minutes between the pipes. Combined, Jennifer Wandt, Lauren Traywick and Alyssa Navarrete pitched a shutout.

After a scoreless opening period, Maddie Algya got the scoring started in the 41st minute when she found the back of the net off an assist by Kayley Ables. The rest of the second period was all Taylor Moon as she scored three goals in 13 minutes. Gabby Mueller added to the BU barrage in the 62nd minute.

Baylor plays its final exhibition on Sunday, Aug. 15 at Texas A&M. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m.

TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on the game…
“I’ve be been really proud. This is Day 10 of preseason. The thing I’ve been most impressed with about this group is our intensity level just through preseason has been very consistent. I think it showed up tonight as well. I’ve always said that if that could be our base, then we could build anything off of that.”­

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_274536624]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>