Baylor SOC Tops Oklahoma, 2-1

Pirtle, Krista Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu
Sat Apr 10 19:27:25 CDT 2021

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – April 10, 2021

SOC Tops Oklahoma, 2-1
Ally Henderson netted the game winner in the 86th minute
Media link: http://baylorbea.rs/baylorsoccer<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbaylorbea.rs%2Fbaylorsoccer&data=04%7C01%7Ckrista_pirtle%40baylor.edu%7Cdb4a697fceeb4a39622408d8e961b2e0%7C22d2fb35256a459bbcf4dc23d42dc0a4%7C0%7C0%7C637515953908967723%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=VrbcwT54B0mS5ActzUjcwsS%2Fyc9KvDSBgBY9g7wG6js%3D&reserved=0>
For more information contact: Krista Pirtle, 254-447-8610, Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu<mailto:Krista_Pirtle at baylor.edu>

THE RUNDOWN
NORMAN, Okla. – With the game knotted at 1-1 with less than five minutes left in regulation, Ally Henderson rocketed a shot from 25 yards out that soared into the back of the net to give Baylor the 2-1 win over Oklahoma Saturday evening at John Crain Field.

The Sooners tied things up when they scored off a breakaway opportunity in the 77th minute, making another overtime contest between these two teams seem imminent as three of the last four matches between these teams have gone to extra time. Henderson, however, delivered the final blow less than 10 minutes later.

The match was scoreless heading into the half, but the Bears held the edge across the board offensively. Baylor outshot the Sooners in the opening period, 12-4, with half of those attempts on frame, in addition to five corner kicks. On the day, BU dominated in shots (20-7), shots on goal (7-3) and corner kicks (11-4).

Taylor Moon finally put one of those shots home in the 56th minute to give BU the lead. She finished with a team-high six shots.

HIGHLIGHTS

  *   Taylor Moon scored her sixth goal of the season and 11th of her career.
  *   Ally Henderson netted her third goal of the season and fourth of her career.
  *   Jennifer Wandt picked up her 44th career win between the pipes for BU. She is five wins from tying Dawn Greathouse (1999-00) for most wins all-time in Baylor history.
  *   Baylor moves to 2-0 vs. the Sooners on the season after picking up a 1-0 victory in overtime on Nov. 6 in Waco.

STAT OF THE GAME
5 – Number of wins this season when the Bears score first.

TOP QUOTES
Paul Jobson on the game…
“I was really proud of our girls today. (Oklahoma) played weak defensively which led to a ton of offensive opportunities. We scored two fantastic goals as well. I was most proud of the poise and determination they had after the OU goal. It was an attitude that set them up well for the win.”

UP NEXT
Baylor closes out the 2020 season against Texas Tech at 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 17 at Betty Loy Mays Field.

www.BaylorBears.com

Krista Pirtle | Associate Director of Athletics Communications

[signature_195891063]<http://www.baylorbears.com/>