Baylor Cross Country Takes Sixth, Seventh at Big 12 Championships

Coleman, Kellen Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu
Fri Oct 30 12:52:53 CDT 2020

BAYLOR ATHLETICS COMMUNICATIONS – Oct. 30, 2020

Baylor Cross Country Takes Sixth, Seventh at Big 12 Championships
Lily Jacobs and Connor Laktasic recorded 23rd and 32nd-place individual finishes, respectively.

For more information contact: Kellen Coleman, 254-749-6507, Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu<mailto:Kellen_Coleman at baylor.edu>

*COMPLETE RESULTS ATTACHED*

WACO, Texas – Freshman Lily Jacobs led the women’s team with a 23rd-place finish, and senior Connor Laktasic paced the men’s team in 32nd place, to highlight the day for Baylor cross country at the 2020 Big 12 Championships Friday at Rim Rock Farm in Lawrence, Kan.

“I can’t ask for much more than what I got out of the women’s team today,” associate head coach Jon Capron said. “They ran tough. Lily and Celia (Holmes) went for that top-15 move, and were in the hunt. Having Sarah (Antrich) to support that and running a great race right behind them was awesome. Getting them all across the line as well as they did was awesome to see.”

Jacobs clocked a time of 21:57.5 to take 23rd and lead the Bears to a sixth-place team finish in the women’s 6K. Holmes was 27th with a time of 22:02.0, Antrich was 28th in 22:02.7, Sadie Hamrin was 33rd with a time of 22:21.2, and Madelaine Johnston closed out the scoring for Baylor in 40th with a time of 22:31.0.

“Top-to-bottom on the ladies’ side, they all ran amazing,” Capron said. “It’s still a work in progress, but I like where we’re headed.”

In the men’s 8K, Laktasic paced the Bears in 32nd with a personal-best time of 24:37.8. Jeremy Meadows finished 52nd with a time of 25:54.0, Cal Johnston placed 53rd in 25:56.7, Philip Roxas took 58th in 26:10.5, and Zach Zawatski rounded out the scoring in 67th at 27:17.0.

“We were for sure missing Ryan (Day) and Ryan (Hodge),” Capron said. “Those are two pieces you can’t replace. Connor ran really tough and put himself in the mix. He PR’d by a pretty good chunk on a tough course. I can’t ask much more than what I got out of my guys’ team. We were missing some pieces that would have really helped. Probably cost us a place, maybe two. Philip ran great, Cal put in a good race and so did Jeremy. Having Zach back there to finish things out was important.”

With the fall season complete, Baylor now awaits its postseason fate for the NCAA Championships in the spring.

“The exciting part is we will probably have most everyone back,” Capron said. “I have some guys that we need to move forward in the future, but I’m excited about where that’s headed just to have that leadership. We have work to do for sure, but I’m excited about where we can go from here.”

For updates on Baylor cross country throughout the season, follow @BaylorTrack on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Kellen Coleman | Associate Director of Communications

 [/var/folders/pf/02zg9swd0fz7qy7f5nkl4mymsr0bxx/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/cidimage004.png at 01D50713.9CE40560] <http://baylorbears.com/>